- Aboriginal consultative group-engaging Aboriginal interests in the legislation
- Torres Strait Islander consultative group-engaging Torres Strait Islander interests in the legislation
- stakeholder consultative group-engaging the interests of other users of the legislation.
As part of the review's consultation strategy, NRW has released a review paper inviting submissions relating to the performance and effectiveness of the legislation since its introduction in 2004.
- whether the legislation has done what it set out to do
- what is working well, and why
- what can be improved, and how.
Submissions are encouraged on any matter relating to the legislation.
A copy of the review is available from the NRW website www.nrw.qld.gov.au or by contacting NRW.
Making a submission
All submissions made to the review must include the name and address of the person making the submission.
Submissions will be treated confidentially. Submissions must be received by 28 February 2009.
Submissions may be made online, by post, by fax or by contacting NRW. For further information or to make a submission, contact NRW:
Phone: (07) 3225 2714
Fax: (07) 3405 6899
Post: Indigenous Cultural Heritage Acts Review
Department of Natural Resources and Water
GPO Box 2454, Brisbane QLD 4001
The review paper (9 page pdf document) provides an overview of the legislation and poses questions that submissions may wish to address. The questions contained in the review paper are suggestions only and submissions are encouraged in relation to any matter relevant to the legislation. All interested persons and organisations are invited to make a submission to the review.