Logan Community Environment Watch is a grassroots group aligned with the values and principles of Logan and Albert Conservation Association Inc. It is made up of individuals and local groups who are concerned about inappropriate development ie those that do not consult with affected community or consider principles of ecological sustainable development .
Our mission is to protect Logan’s natural, environmental, cultural and agricultural resources from inappropriate development proposals and to educate and empower all our citizens to demand sustainable solutions.
The group is committed in all its activities to the following principles:
1. That robust scientific assessment, the precautionary principle and the principle of intergenerational equity should guide decision-making.
2. That communities should have the ultimate say, within the context of principle 1.
3. That it will support all and any communities who support the objectives of the group
By and in campaigning against inappropriate development, Logan Community Environment Watch LCEW has these central aims:
1. To protect local rivers, creeks, wetlands water systems.
2. To protect Logan’s ecosystems, biodiversity and wildlife.
3. To protect the health and wellbeing of Logan’s many communities
4. To protect Aboriginal and cultural heritage in Logan.